Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Play next tour issues!! Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Charlie on February-09-2012 at 3:43pm
View Charlie's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Charlie Search   Quote Charlie Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Charlie
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
August-19-2011
53 Posts

Is there a "backdoor" method to publishing multiple tours and linking them together with the "play next tour"? I am beyond frustration right now - Cheer was kind enough to walk me through a round of doing this last night at midnight (here). I have so far been able to publish 3 tours and also was able to join them together - I get to the 4th tour (there are approximately 10 that I have to link together in total) and when I go to the "play next tour" and do exactly as I have done with the previous 3 tours - it says... the system cannot find the path specified. I have tried redoing the entire tour several times now - I've tried "optimizing" (which only aggravates me more, as Tourweaver stops working and I have to shut it down entirely). I am using TW7 btw.

Again... I am beyond frustration here!!! Please help!!!

Message posted by smooth on February-10-2012 at 1:15am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I can only suggest you know the path to your next tour as it will be on your server and add the URL complete into the publish setting "Play Next Tour" with http://yourwebsite.com/directory/tourname.html

I also have experienced strange and odd local path issues with Tourweaver 7 "unless" the tour path is absolute.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by Charlie on February-10-2012 at 11:00am
View Charlie's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Charlie Search   Quote Charlie Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Charlie
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
August-19-2011
53 Posts

Hi again Smooth :) - I'm so relieved to hear someone else is experiencing the same problems - not that I would wish you these headaches, but if YOU are having difficulty with all of your experience and knowledge, then I know it's not just my inexperience.  After doing and redoing and redoing yet again - with a few extra "redos" in there - my level of frustration is maxed!  By the way - I did eventually take your advice on the popup window situation (last time we chatted) - thank you!!!  You were right of course :)!!!!

Thank you for the backdoor option - this does work to a point, and I've actually tried this before - but again - it will work for the first few tours and then there's a problem.  So I seem to be running into the same problems no matter what I do here.  Cheer was kind enough AGAIN last night to attempt to help me out.  I think I may have figured out what my problem is...

You must ALWAYS do "save as" or "save".  You CANNOT under ANY circumstances either copy and paste, cut and paste or highlight and drag these tours ANYWHERE but where you've saved them.  You CANNOT rename the tours except when doing a "save as" - in other words - NO right click, hightlight and rename.

THEN when it comes to publishing...

- save as - in the place where you plan to keep the published tour (you CAN rename here if you wish - BUT BE SURE TO DO SAVE AS and rename)
- click publish
- pick type of tour (I'm always using auto flash / html)
- folder name I change to the same name as my tour is named
- output destination is the same place I "saved as" above (4 points above this one)
- I don't mess with Facebook or FTP settings right now - because I have no clue what to do here!!!!!  And... I'm trying to focus on getting these tours done and don't have time to figure it out right now!!!
- General tab... I don't touch anything except the "play next tour" tool (the wrench - I think... female :)) (I have settings that I already have in place here, so I leave them as those settings - just to be clear)
- click on "wrench" (oh yes... sorry... this is assuming you have followed the instructions above to create the first tour, that you are going to join this one to - with exception to clicking on the "play next tour" wrench of course) - go to the folder that you've saved and published your 1st tour in - double click on the ".html" file
- the only other thing I change here is the Popup filename prefix -I change this to my company name (btw - wish I didn't have to do this everytime - we need a setting that keeps it as we want it by default)
- then click "SAVE"

NOW...

- click on publish (yes again)
- CHANGE THE FOLDER NAME - I simply add a j1 here (and all this means to me, is that it's "joined to tour number 1" - incase you were curious)
- I then add my music and click the loop button (square)
- I make any other changes that I want for the settings (for me it's on the VR page - I check and uncheck to my liking)
- click "publish"

I've put these instructions in major detail, to hopefully save the next person from my nightmare. If you have any questions - lemme know!!

ALL OF THE ABOVE INFO WORKED FOR 4 TOURS - I am now on tour #5 (I followed the EXACT steps above) and it is saying (when I click on the wrench and try to add my .html of the previous tour - "the system cannot find the path specified"

SO... I am now going to try on tour #5, the backdoor method that Smooth described above.  BUT... I now have to wait several hours to "put" all of the previous tours, so I can then hopefully join tour #4 to tour #5.  I'll update here when I have another update, but in the meantime, hopefully the above info helps someone else out - BEFORE they end up in a straightjacket (which is where I'm headed if THIS doesn't work)!!!

Message posted by Charlie on February-10-2012 at 1:17pm
Charlie
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
August-19-2011
53 Posts

Update...

You can NOT join more than 4 tours together!!!!  I have now tried joining 2 separate batches of tours together and the same thing happens everytime I get to tour #5. 

Also tried to do the workaround that Smooth was talking about for the 5th tour - didn't work with the previous 4 joined tours.

Also tried to copy and paste a RelativeProjectFile (the one for tour #4) - didn't work!!

Could someone from Easypano please explain to me HOW to make this work - I have another 7 or 8 tours to join to the first 4 tours.  I need a VERY fast response please!!!!

Message posted by smooth on February-10-2012 at 3:39pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Charlie,

I have made a simple test (Hmm, maybe not so simple!) But anyway I have linked 5 separate tours together.

The file structure is:

• multi_tour/tour_1/_flash/tour_1.html
  • multi_tour/tour_2/_flash/tour_2.html
  • multi_tour/tour_3/_flash/tour_3.html
  • multi_tour/tour_4/_flash/tour_4.html
  • multi_tour/tour_5/_flash/tour_5.html

Each tour links to the next via absolute URL.

In this case www.omnipix.net/temp/multi_tour/tour_1/_flash/tour_1.html

You will go from same image in "tints" Natural, Blue, Red, White, Yellow and then return on an endless loop back to the beginning (Natural)

Each colour represents a new tour, albeit a single scene tour.

The way Tourweaver allows you to do this is terrific but the way Easypano "attempts" to keep a file structure is at best confusing. 

As I stated earlier in this thread, you need to set up a file structure that you know how it will be on the server. This allows you to enter the correct URL to "Open Next Pano" right from the outset. You will note I renamed the panorama HTML page from default Touweaver_tour_1.html to simply tour_1.html etc. I deleted the "code" page that Tourweaver generates BEFORE renaming the wanted HTML file.

In reality, I would have removed the _flash directory and named the actual used HTML page in each directory index.html so my path would read.

• multi_tour/tour_1
  • multi_tour/tour_2
  • etc

But for this example I left it close to what Tourweaver generates.

Hope this helps in some way.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by Charlie on February-10-2012 at 9:41pm
Charlie
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
August-19-2011
53 Posts

Smooth - I'm sorry, but I've been trying to work through your instructions, but I'm totally lost.  Again... I've been trying to sort this out for so long that my brain is on overdrive!!!  Is there anyway you could break this down for me in the most basic of english.  I am just not getting it...

Message posted by smooth on February-10-2012 at 11:33pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Charlie,

I'm not sure I can break it down much more.

The first thing to do is FORGET about browsing to files. You need to type in what the "Play Next Tour" URL is (or going to be 100% on your server).

Tell me the name of two of your tours. I.E: The HTML file name and the file structure that it is in.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by smooth on February-10-2012 at 11:42pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Here is a reason why using the "browse" to file option in Tourweaver should be avoided until the bug is fixed.

Check the path set by Tourweaver!!!!

The actual path I browsed to was ..\multi_tour\tour_2\_flash\tour_2.html

So how would what Tourweaver placed work? It wouldn't.

I have even seen it place a path to another drive on my computer that had NOTHING to do with the tour being built.

Knowing what the path would be on my server once uploaded, I simply type in the URL:

http://omnipix.net/temp/multi_tour/tour_2/_flash/tour_2.html

Easypano needs to fix this bug.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

Message posted by Charlie on February-11-2012 at 9:43am
Charlie
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
August-19-2011
53 Posts

Hi again Smooth - thank you so much for trying to help me through this!!!  It is not working for me at all and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.  This is the link to the 3 tours I'm TRYING to join together (they're just quick sample tours, but they'll do for now).

http://www.caylex.ca/tours_cur/testlinkedtours/

(the zipped tourweaver files are in here as well)

These are the steps I'm taking - maybe you could have a look and tell me where it is I'm going wrong..l.

1.  create tour
2.  click file... publish...

-format page: 
                      - check Auto flash/html 
                      - I've usually changed the folder name to something else but                    I've left it as is, to hopefully simplify
                       - Output destination - I have it going to my local site until I transfer with Dreamweaver into my website (I've created a folder for this entitled testlinkedtours - appropriate :))

- general page:
                       - click on wrench (play next tour) - I then copy and paste the url for the next tour in here - for example from the link I provided above - pretend I am currently working on Project46 - I would paste the following link into my play next tour http://www.caylex.ca/tours_cur/testlinkedtours/Project47/_auto/flash/TourWeaver_Project47.html

3.  Click publish

4.  Create tour (Project 47) - I follow the same steps as above, but when it comes to play next tour - I copy and past (Project48) (this link)

http://www.caylex.ca/tours_cur/testlinkedtours/Project48/_flash/TourWeaver_Project48.html

5.  Click publish

6.  Go into my dreamweaver and "put" all of the files into my site.

It's not working - where am I going wrong??!!

***also, I don't understand what you mean by the following***

Each tour links to the next via absolute URL.

In this case www.omnipix.net/temp/multi_tour/tour_1/_flash/tour_1.html

You will go from same image in "tints" Natural, Blue, Red, White, Yellow and then return on an endless loop back to the beginning (Natural)

Each colour represents a new tour, albeit a single scene tour.

The way Tourweaver allows you to do this is terrific but the way Easypano "attempts" to keep a file structure is at best confusing.

As I stated earlier in this thread, you need to set up a file structure that you know how it will be on the server. This allows

Message posted by smooth on February-11-2012 at 10:06am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Charlie,

I'll make this as simple as I can.

Test and watch it work! [;)]

You may need to clean your browser cache

Please let me know the result.

Regards, Smooth [8D]

P.S: If you mouse click at any stage within the tour you "stop" the movie track so you will need to add a movie track play button to restart the movie track.

But! - If you don't click and interrupt the playback it should cycle the tours.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register