Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: 2 questions - popup & FOV Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by madmux on March-01-2012 at 10:14am
View madmux's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by madmux Search   Visit madmux's Homepage www   Quote madmux Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
Hi WideEyes,

Yes, of course it can be done.
Regarding your problem with 120 FOV limitation, i think workaround is possible, but it is not worth the effort as usually you don't want your FOV above 120, because this will result in performance issues (i think - that is why there is that restriction in editor). The bigger is FOV, the more triangles of the sphere are shown, the more computational power it requires.
Regarding auto-movements - i think it is a great idea! And automovements can be even better than in your shown example. For eash scene (you need automovement upon entering) you can create movie track and name it something like "scene1_entry", "scene2_entry" and so on. After switching the scene my plugin (i'll need to create one) also will call the specific movie track. It will work just like with auto-popups.

Best wishes,
Madmux

Message posted by WideEyes on March-02-2012 at 3:59am
View WideEyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by WideEyes Search   Visit WideEyes's Homepage www   Quote WideEyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
WideEyes
Standard Member
Standard Member
Denmark
April-15-2005
57 Posts
Hi Madmux

That sounds great.

Yes I know the feature could be used better, but I also need to consider the time spent making these auto movements....

A plugin to help would be awsome :)

Can you tell me the workaround for FOV above 120? I know it is not optimal, but in some scenes it is necessary.

Regards
Morten
p.s. please let me know when your plug ins are ready as donationware - I will definately donate a good bottle of wine :))

Message posted by madmux on March-03-2012 at 3:36am
View madmux's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by madmux Search   Visit madmux's Homepage www   Quote madmux Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
Ok, i'll try to see what i can do about 120 problem. It's a wierd thing.
The easiest way would be to change configuration file, but i think it is zipped and encrypted. Lol :-)
Another way - is to switch scene or zoom out programatically using API as it has destination scene FOV, but it is needed to experiment on that to if viewer doesn't guard FOV value.

Best wishes,
Madmux

Message posted by madmux on March-05-2012 at 1:35am
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
Well, reagarding 120 problem, i found that easiest way is to hack a bit your project file. The workflow is:
1) Finish your tour, we should make changes after everything is done to minimize amount of work.
2) Backup your project file (so we can always have a good version)
3) Open project and the scene you need to be above 120. Write some value into initial fov field (Fov init. or something), for example, assign initial FOV 113. Do it with other scenes.
4) Open the project file (with .tw extension) with text editor (like notepad++). Search for the value you assigned (113 in our case). If the value is located between FOVINIT tags - replace it with your desired value.
5) If you use transitions and link scenes with hotspots, do the same thing, just know, that destination scene fov is provided in "Link to scene" dialog box and the value is located between DESTFOV tags.
6) Save project file with text editor and close it. Open that project with TW and publish it without making changes or exploring project (opening scenes, link to scene dialogs will reset values above 120).

Well, that maybe sounds a bit complicated, but it really isn't. And this solution is not for long term. Just for the case you desperately need the feature for one or another project.

Best wishes,
Madmux

Message posted by WideEyes on March-06-2012 at 5:36am
View WideEyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by WideEyes Search   Visit WideEyes's Homepage www   Quote WideEyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
WideEyes
Standard Member
Standard Member
Denmark
April-15-2005
57 Posts
Hi Madmux

How cool of you to find this fix. THANK YOU very much :)

No it is not a good solution - the best solution was if EP removed this restriction. Heck - I would gladly upgrade to TW7 for this feature :)

regards
Morten

Message posted by funkens on March-09-2012 at 3:17pm
View funkens's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by funkens Search   Visit funkens's Homepage www   Quote funkens Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
funkens
Standard Member
Standard Member
Netherlands
November-08-2008
97 Posts
Madmux,
Is it possible to connect maps in a similar way to scenes?

Would be really nice,,,

Message posted by madmux on March-10-2012 at 3:14am
madmux
Standard Member
Standard Member
Lithuania
August-03-2010
246 Posts
Hi funkens,

Can you tell me more, what you are trying to achieve?
Isn't that already possible?

Madmux

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register