Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: HTML5 project Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by phoenixrising on October-18-2012 at 8:16am
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts
Hi guys,

so, I'm doing a tour for a client who will require HTML5 publication as he'll require the tour on his ipad to bandy around with at tradefairs. I've not paid much attention to HTML5 publication so far and am now having to work it. As far as I can see fromn the forum there aree various bugs/issues/limitations that kinda want me to make 2 version of the same tour. 1 optimised for Flash and the other for HTML5.

Flash: I tend to make my initial tour in 900x600 or 800x400 and act as a popup instead of embedded in a site. i thus tend to have images on popups at about 2/3 size of initial screensize eg 600ish x 300ish. I also add my map on a popup and don't tend to use the mapviewer - instead I just add an image and hotspots as the map tends to blendout after activating the hotspopt.

HTML5 if I was optimising the tour for HTML 5 what are the limitations? I've read that url links are not supportted nor are movies. Whats the story with pop up windows? Is there a maximum/optimal size to consider? I've also read that next scene doens't work and that a thumbnails7in scene buttons to next image are workarounds.

Any input would be gladly received as I need to throw together and test a demo today as I have a client who's just moved his meeting forward by 4 weeks and coming to town.

Much appreciatted guys

rob

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by smooth on October-18-2012 at 8:22am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
http://www.easypano.com/comparison/functions-tw7.html

Tourweaver will automatically generate the maximum sized cibe faces for iDevices at publish. Input size matters not, use the same as your Flash version.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by phoenixrising on October-19-2012 at 5:47am
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts
Hi here Smooth,

thanks for that sir ;-)

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by phoenixrising on October-19-2012 at 6:06am
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts
hi,

so I did a very quick and dirty demo for a client and encountered a few issues:

The HTML5 version won't load on MAC 10.6.8 we just get an image of the pano but it won't load any further.

On MAC 10.5.8 it will load in HTML5 but I get white lines showing the cube faces.

On iphone the thumbnail would need to be resized to fit the phone.

The hotspots liking the images don't appear. (i just used the easypano green hotspot.

Here are the 2 rough demos

http://tour.mediaeller.com/health/_html5/healthcity.html

http://tour.mediaeller.com/health/_flash/healthcity.html

-------------

Message posted by phoenixrising on October-19-2012 at 6:06am
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts
Oh yes, and I can't get my flash tours to show on my 10.5.8

-------------

Message posted by celavey on October-22-2012 at 9:39pm
View celavey's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by celavey Search   Quote celavey Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
celavey
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-16-2012
20 Posts
I got a little confused. Is it 10.6.8 or 10.5.8? What is the latest version anyway?

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register