Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Gallery

Subject Topic: Airplane Tour Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by pixelator on February-12-2009 at 12:24pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
Thanks Dave for the input

A few things;

First things first...
I'm disapointed to find EP removed the option to output in Quicktime format. Funny, I just realized this today as I was going to upload a Quicktime format of the airplane for you guys to view after your comments of comparing to Quicktime.

I understand that Flash is where it's at right now and most end users have it loaded on their PC. However, TW 1.3 incorporated it why not TW4...seems like a step backwards. EP could you include Quicktime format again to the TW product?

About the "image is a bit over sharpened"
The only sharping that I performed was in PSCS3 processing my RAW files.
Under the Detail tab the settings were as follows:
Amount 45
Radius 1.5
Detail 30
Masking 0
Noise Reduction Settings
Luminance 5
Color 20
So at this point I'm going to have to disagree with "over sharping"

The single images you are referring to have the same exact settings as the tour images. So again I feel they are not over sharpened. Histogram does not show underexposure?
Jpeg compression came into play when sizing my final stitched .TIFF images. Images were stitched at 4000x2000 then sized down to 2500 x 1250 and saved for web with a quality of %100 giving me an output target size of around 1.6mb. So at this point I do not feel that Jpeg over compression is the culprit either.?

I did take a look in the scene folder and what TW has done is sliced it up. I have 14 images for each scene. The first 9 are 500 x 500 with a target size of 100kb - 199kb. The last 5 are 500 x 250 with target sizes ranging from 58.3kb - 71.9kb.

So at this point I can't give you an accurate reading for file size comparison.

I did a bit of testing this morning with Pano2QTVR. The first link I'll provide below has these settings:
Tile Settings
Cube Face 499
Subdivision 3x3
Quality 100
Movie Properties
Window Size 970 x 700 (same as my TW4 Flash Tour)
Quality High
These settings provided an Quicktime movie file size of 1.34mb

The second link below will show a Quicktime movie with the following properties:
Tile Settings
Cube Face 1000
Subdivision 3x3
Quality 100
Movie Properties
Window Size 970 x 700 (keeping things the same for testing)
Quality High
These settings provided an Quicktime movie file size of 3.67mb

Link to 1.34mb Quicktime

Link to 3.67mb Quicktime

At this point I'm going to do one more test. I'm going to size the scene viewer of my TW4 Flash tour from 970 x 700 to something a bit smaller. Perhaps something like 670 x 400 just to see if there is any difference. If that is the case I'll have to worry about full screen when crossing that bridge.

I really just can't help but think it's the viewer all together. I don't recall TW3's viewer doing this to my images...?

Off to resize a scene viewer.

Thanks for the feedback,
pixel

Message posted by pixelator on February-12-2009 at 1:43pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
TESTING COMPLETE !

Re-sized my tour main window and scene window from 970 x 700 to 670 x 400. You can see much improvement. Now I just need to find the right balance as 670 x 400 is a bit smaller than what I would like.

I would also like to add here I believe this is where "sharing images" will come into play for full screen. Or could I use the same settings I have using the same folder but lower the image quality of main tour settings while keeping the full screen at %100?

Either way it will involve some homework to determine the right balance for both. I'm guessing going full screen is going to require a much larger target size than that of 1.6mb.

So for now check out the results of simply resizing the tour.
View 670 x 400 Flash Tour

Regards,
pixel

Message posted by Rob63 on February-12-2009 at 7:49pm
View Rob63's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Rob63 Search   Visit Rob63's Homepage www   Quote Rob63 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Rob63
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-30-2007
200 Posts

I was looking at a website the other day, sorry I can't find it again right now, but it showed a comparison between a 4000x2000 image compressed to 80% and a 5000x2500 compressed by 60% (which ended up being about 1.2 MB) and the more compressed larger image looked better.  You might want to test this and see what you end up with.  Try stitching at 6000x3000 and then downsize to 5000x2500 then save for web using about a 40 setting and see how it looks.  Just a thought.

Rob

Message posted by pixelator on February-13-2009 at 10:32am
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
Thanks Rob for the info, I'll check out during my next test.

Took the exterior shots last night...? Had a difficult time trying to expose the plane properly while also getting the sunset.

Any way take a look and let me know what you guys think.

View Photos & Tour

Best regards,
pixel

Message posted by realtor jerry on February-15-2009 at 5:06pm
View realtor jerry's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by realtor jerry Search   Visit realtor jerry's Homepage www   Quote realtor jerry Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
realtor jerry
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United States
April-22-2007
880 Posts
I like exterior 1 with adjustments. Are you shooting brackets and using Photomatix or just PS?

-------------
Nikon D300, D3s, Nikon 10.5 lens, RingT105N+Footplate+MrotatorTCPs, Giottos MT9261 Tripod, Manfrotto 410 Jr geared head.

If you know the "secret" then everyday is a good day!

Message posted by pixelator on February-17-2009 at 9:33am
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts
Thanks Jerry,
I shot in AEB -2...0...+2 and merged them in Photomatix.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register