Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Gallery

Subject Topic: Examples with embedded Videos Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by thedhgroup on January-21-2010 at 9:38am
View thedhgroup's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by thedhgroup Search   Visit thedhgroup's Homepage www   Quote thedhgroup Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
thedhgroup
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
April-10-2005
131 Posts
Thanks, Smooth. To let everyone know the presentation went OK I suppose. There was a small anomaly that one of the people in the room caught, the sound from a flv did NOT stop when closing the pop up window that contained the flv when in FULL SCREEN mode. If in regular skin mode the audio stopped like it should. (I just wish it would auto-rewind too). I briefly tried using swf videos within the pop up window but the playback would not stop when closing the pop up window. I hope this stuff gets fixed.

I'm up against a developer that says he can create what the client needs in flash from scratch. I'm curious as to how he would unwarp the images. Maybe that library is open knowledge now?

-------------
www.dvt360.com

Message posted by smooth on January-21-2010 at 10:31am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
You should push "stop" on the movie before closing the pop-up window. This is why I suggested having controls via the wrapper/container of the flash movie.

As for the "other" guy. There are many more powerful Flash viewers on the market (I know, I use them) but they do NOT have the friendliness of Tourweaver. If you are into hand coding nothing is stopping you.

On top of the "others" you also have open source panorama flash code. No doubt where many Flash writers/coders go to learn even Easypano and mash into their own developments.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by thedhgroup on January-21-2010 at 1:13pm
View thedhgroup's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by thedhgroup Search   Visit thedhgroup's Homepage www   Quote thedhgroup Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
thedhgroup
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
April-10-2005
131 Posts
I used to had code everything with PTviewer. I'm not going to do that ever again. I'll take TW5 (or TW3) over anything right now. Even with its quirks.

Depending on if TW5 is updated I may indeed have to create a wrapper and urge visitors to stop playback before closing the window. Not ideal but better than nothing I suppose.

Would there be anyway to evoke javascript on a close pop up button that would stop playback? I suppose any javascript is designed to manipulate events outside of the TW viewer, not internally.

-------------
www.dvt360.com

Message posted by GeKu on January-22-2010 at 4:40pm
View GeKu's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by GeKu Search   Visit GeKu's Homepage www   Quote GeKu Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
GeKu
Standard Member
Standard Member
Netherlands
January-12-2010
5 Posts

Hi,

Good to know that the presentation of 'thedhgroup' went OK.

About the soundtrack that does not stop. Even in a Virtual Tour of Easypano itself, there is the same problem in the flashvideo  in the scene: movie-center. When you close the Popup window the sound will not stop. When you click the StopSound-button at the bottom all sound will stop and when you press this button again you hear the sound of the flashmovie as background. When the loading of the Tour is fast enough and you can open the Popup with the backgroundmusic still playing, you hear the two soundtracks at the same time. Try this in: http://www.easypano.com/Gallery/Tourweaver500/nanhui/TourWeaver_nanhui.html

I mentioned this earlier in this Forum and I also have reported this to the support of Easypano. I got some reply from Genseng of Easypano, but I'm afraid my English is too bad because I think they don't understand what I mean. Perhaps one of you can give it a try ?

It would be good to have an action in Javascript to close the soundtrack of the flashvideo.

Gerard

-------------
www.gerardkuster.nl

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register