Local flash can't load in browsers
You may have met the problem when you load flash files locally in browsers, for example open offline webpage with flash content. The flash plugin was loaded successfully but display nothing. How does it happen?
Searching from release notes of Adobe Flash Player, I found a new feature in Flash Player 23 - Disabling local-with-filesystem access in Flash Player by default, please refer to https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/release-note/fp_23_air_23_release_notes.html.
Evidently this is the reason why local flash can't load in browsers. Adobe made this change to keep flash player accord with modern web security, while for users who require this function, the legacy behavior can be restored as follows.
For Internet Explorer, Edge, Firefox, Opera and Safari:
On the affected system, go to: Control Panel > Flash Player > Advanced > Developer Tools > Trusted Location Settings
Click the icon and add relevant flash files, folders or disk drivers to the list.
For Google Chrome (and similar PPAPI browsers):
Navigate to the settings manager page
Choose Edit Locations > Add Locations from the list.
For System Administrators:
The legacy behavior can be restored by the following steps.
Find mms.cfg in flash player installation directory.
For 32bit Windows C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\mms.cfg
For 64bit Windows C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\mms.cfg and C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\mms.cfg
Open mms.cfg with text editor and add EnableInsecureLocalWithFileSystem=1 flag to it, save and close editor. Note that both files in 64bit Windows need to do this modification. If you can't find mms.cfg in those directories, right click to new one.
Go to: System Preference > Flash Player > Advanced > Developer Tools > Trusted Location Settings
Click "+" to add relevant flash files, folders or disk drivers to the list.
Usually /Application and /Users are suggested to add in to the list.
- Local flash can't load in browsers
- HTML 5 panorams won't load in Firefox and IE
- What is the difference between Panoweaver and Tourweaver?
- How to view the panorama or virtual tour with Android phones or Samsung Galaxy tablets?
- How to customize loading window in Panowaver ?
- I found that standalone swf is not working properly in Panoweaver 7.3 and Touwaver 6.5, why?
- How can I customize the toolbar and flash bar in Panoweaver, any suggsstion about parameter and sample?
- Which software do we need to stitch photos together and create the virtual tours?
- How can I embed my published Flash panorama into my webpage?
- I don't know which product should I choose.